Have you ever pondered the significance of the number 3? The other day I was gazing at a red strawberry I had thrown on my green grass and I was struck by the powerful contrast of those two colours, especially when I then compared it to the bright blue sky above.
We know these three colours, Red, Green and Blue are the 3 primary colours that all other colours and shades of colour have their existence. I then pondered that the number 3 appears in many different places in our world, let me tell you of a few.
- Sun, Moon and Stars
- In three dimensional space there is: height, width and depth ( X, Y, Z)
- There are three main types of matter: gaseous, liquid, and solid
- On Earth, we have Land, Sea and Air
- There are three main types of massive objects: planets, stars, and galaxies
- And three main types of galaxies: spiral galaxies, irregular galaxies, and elliptical galaxies
- There are three Laws of Motion, 1st law Enertia, 2nd law: FORCE = MASS times ACCELERATION, 3rd law “For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action“
- There are three types of natural laws: the laws of physics, the laws of chemistry, and the laws of biology
- And 3 stages of prenatal development: the germinal stage, the embryonic stage, and the fetal stage- 3 Trimesters
- There are also 3 stages of Labour during birth
- And in physics three main types of stable particles: the proton, the neutron, and the electron, All solid matter consists of atoms built entirely from these three particles.
- Each proton and each neutron is built from smaller particles called quarks. How many quarks are there in a proton? Exactly three. How many quarks are there in a neutron? Exactly three.
- At the subatomic level there are three types of charges: positive charges like protons have, negative charges like electrons have, and neutral charges like neutrons have.
- And there are three main properties associated with subatomic particles: mass, charge, and spin
- The triangle is the strongest and most stable of shapes – it has 3 sides
- And there are three important stages in learning, preparation / Cognitive stage, Practice / Associative stage, Automatic / Autonomous stage
- In a traditional family, there is Father, Mother and the Child
Now this is where it gets interesting:
- Apparently on a spiritual level – there are Three Heavens – 1st heaven we see, 2nd heaven is where the evil demonic realm exists and the 3rd heaven is the one we all want to enter!
- There was three Patriarchs – Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
- There are 27 books in the New Testament, which is 3 x 3 x 3
- There were three wise men bearing three gifts
- Jesus Christ ministry lasted for 3 years
- Peter the Apostle denied knowing Jesus Three times
- The prophet Jonah spent three days and nights in the belly of a large fish
- The devil tempted Jesus three times.
- Jesus prayed three times in the Garden of Gethsemane before His arrest.
- There were 3 hours of darkness that covered the land while Jesus was suffering on the cross
- Christ was dead for three full days and three full nights
- There was 3 archangels – Gabriel, Michael, Lucifer (AKA now known as The Devil)
And the Bible teaches that God consists of three unique personalities: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
There is a scripture in Romans 1:20 that sums this up in one sentence, it says:
Romans Chapter 1:20 For from the creation of the world the invisible things of Him are clearly seen, being understood through the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
God has designed all these amazing coincidences to point us to himself! He is one, yet three and the entire universe points to his existence! Even the word Universe speaks of him, Uni meaning One and Verse meaning The Word ” In the beginning God” Genesis 1:1 – Universe is one verse!!
Oh yes, Tesla the famous scientist and Innovator favourite number was also three. ( Do you think God and Tesla enjoyed the Three Stooges?)
PS: If you can think of some more three’s let me know. Thanks Alan